Day 75: Benchmark day - 5 K Run


Monday; September 9th, 2013 - the wall @ ROCK JUNGLE


Warm-Up:

3 Rounds

-  100 Skips (no double unders)
-  12 meter Inchworm
-  12 meter Samson Stretch
-  25 meter Backward Jog
-  10 Gymnastics Sit-up
-  10 Spiderman Push-Ups
-  10 Ring Rows


BENCHMARK:

5 K  RUN  (105 Avenue and back; 7 times)


Today Coach: Edward

My Thoughts:
New coach started last week while I was away.  Met him today, and his name is Edward.  He is currently replacing Jodaye as she has taken some personal time away.  But she will be returning in the near future.  
Edward has been doing crossfit for 6 years.  He started out in the east coast and then was sent to the west coast before coming this way.   Had a nice discussion with him prior to the class starting.  Very helpful and friendly.   Will be looking forward to seeing his style of coaching.  
WOD Results @ 8PM; Name, Dist, Time

Warm-Up;  Edward informed the class to skip the Double Unders and focus on the single skips.  I went and spent 2 minutes on the bike instead.  One of the new warm up routine is Gymnastics Sit-ups (round your back toward your knees, and then slowly lower your back toward the floor, but only until your lower back is completely flat while still in rounded position.  Then you raiser your body up like a normal sit-up)

SKILL; NONE

Benchmark;  it's simple.  5 K run.   There were a few of us who didn't do the RUN, but instead substituted it with the ROW.  My time for the 5000 meter Row was 22 minutes and 58 seconds. I guess all the practicing on rowing has paid off. 

Misc; took a week off to do the visit the folks, thus the lack of posting last week.   There was a crossfit at the city where I went to visit, but my wife doesn't do the 'cult' (crossfit),  so a regular gym it was.   I was happy to see that they had two Concept rowers.  I used that everyday I was at the gym, part of my workout routine.   One don't realize how much you miss the high intensity training until you step away from it.   I did break a sweat in my workout, but nothing like it is at CF.  One of the good things was all the rowing seemed to have paid off for tonight Benchmark.

Until our next class,  remember to be tackling one WOD at a time!!!

Comments

Popular Posts