Day 78: Benchmark Jackie.... improving my time and..


Monday; September 16th, 2013 - the Wall @ ROCK JUNGLE CROSSFIT

WOD Results @ 8PM; Name, Weight/Band, Time

Scott P. (RJCF Staff) getting ready to do his workout



Warm-Up:

3 Rounds

-  100 Skips
-  10 Ring Rows
-  10 PVC Passes
-  10 PVC 8's (5/direction)
-  10 Supermans
-  10 Wall Squats


SKILL:

PULL-UPS    4  x  5

  In Between

Back Extension x 8


WOD:  JACKIE

-  1000 meter Row
-  50 Thrusters with BAR ONLY  Rx 45 lbs (both men and women use the same weight)
-  30 Pull-Ups


Today Coach:  Edward


My Thoughts:

Warm-Up; never fails, after 3 rounds of any warm-up of this nature.  I'm sweating..    But I definitely can feel how loose my body is.   Each round of Walls Squats, I found I was getting lower and lower.   It a good sign.  Going in tomorrow to see my physio to get the all clear on my ankle.  I hope so; I want to run, I want the ability to rope skip.    But all in good time, can't rush things.  I'm not 20 anymore, let alone 30.

SKILL; Pull-ups, with Back Extension in between.  As demo today; you can do on the floor like a Superman; but your legs remain planted to the ground.  Kylie advise, while Edward demo the movement on the two different machines for Back Extensions.  Since I didn't take pictures of the machines at Rock Jungle Crossfit; I pulled some off the Internet.





WOD;  The last time we did this Benchmark WOD - Jackie was back in May 13, 2013.  One of the difference comparing tonights WOD was that the weight of the bar. That's 45 lbs for both men and women.  Whereas last time, it was 45 lbs for men and 35 lbs for women.  That was the Rx (As prescribed).  I checked the book at the gym with the records of time, weight and band/assist weight and I can see there is progress for myself.

I happy to say that tonight time was 12:16, use the 45 lb bar and 100 lb assist.   May's time was 14:34, using the 45 lb bar and the purple band (140 lb) assist.   So, I shaved 2 minute and 18 seconds off my time and drop my assist by 40 lbs!!!!   :)

Here the link to May 2013's Benchmark WOD including time, weight, and assist for others.  In case you want to compare your results. 


Looking forward to our next class, and remember... to tackle one WOD at a time!!!


Comments

Popular Posts