Day 79: Mid-week, 20 minute AMRAP


Wednesday; September 18th, 2013 - the wall @ ROCK JUNGLE CROSSFIT


WOD Results @ 8PM; Name, Rounds + Reps



Warm-Up:

4 Minutes on Bike
_____

3 Rounds

-  25 Meter Overhead Walking Lunge with Kettle Bell (Light)
-  25 Meter Overhead Walk with Kettle Bell
-  10 Frog Squats
-  5 Easy Pull-Ups
-  10 Push-Ups


SKILL:

PULL-UPS    4  x  5

In Between

30 Seconds HANDSTANDS


WOD:

20 Minute AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible)

-  15 Kettle Bell Swings
-  15 Over Head Squats (Mens 95 lbs / Women 65 lbs)
-  15 Sit-Ups


Today Coach:  Edward and Kylie


My Thoughts:

Warm-Up; did the 4 minutes on the bike, but I think we did more.   I think for the most part, we were all zoned out.  It wasn't until Sam W. asked, "Anyone keeping track of time?!?"  I think Leanne said something, she was in the back peddling by Sam.   Something new, was the Overhead Lunges and Overhead Walks; both with a kettle bell.  The coaches stressed to use light ones.  Glad we went with light ones.   Had to make sure we engage and lock the arm straight above our head, holding the KB with a straight wrist.  Bent and you will injure yourself.  Frog Squats brings good flexibility.   Pull-ups, went with a heaver assist to keep it easy.  Push-ups; coaches came around and mention to keep the elbows inside, underneath the shoulder.   I was flaring out and they also mention to ensure you engage your core.

SKILL;  more pull-ups, which was good.  I was a bit concerned after my last post as I had mention that I had dropped my assist by 40 lbs.  Some self doubt had to be re-proven to show myself it wasn't a fluke.  Went with the same weight (assist) as Monday for this.  And yup, 100 lbs assist it is.   :)  I'll keep dropping the weight as we move forward.   As for the Handstands, that's pretty challenging.  Scaled it, as I had to wallk upward backward on the wall.  Not quite 90, maybe more like 45 to 60 degree range.    First two rounds were okay; but felt weaker afterwards.  That thirty seconds seemed longer and longer.

WOD; okay, first time that I had dropped my KB from 44 lbs to 35 lbs.  Was trying to figure how it would impact me after 20 minutes AMRAP with the heavier weight.  Maybe I should had went with the 44 lb.  It's not ego here that's talking, but figuring out whats challenging and what's safe.   Kylie advised me to keep my arm straight when swinging the KB up and as well as when it's coming down.
We all went with the bar (45 lbs) for the Over Head Squats.   No, I stand corrected; Sam went 95 lbs (Rx).  Great job Sam!  He's a beast!  Both Coaches were all over us tonight; giving great advice.  Helping with Handstands to advising us to keep our heals down when doing the OH Squats, and as well as not going down so far when doing it; that you break form.   Good Advice on that (Thanks Edward)!  As much as I keep thinking that I was doing it correctly, there is always room for improvement.  Had to really focus on pushing out my butt before bending my knees for the squat.
Since it was Gymnastic month; we did situps but with the bottom of our feet touching each other.  We were told to use our arms to provide some additional momentum when doing the sit-ups.


... until next, remember to tackle one WOD at a time!!!

Comments

Popular Posts