Day 162: Partner WOD: Rowing Sprints 600/500/400/300/200/100 meter



Rowing Sprints:  Distance (Row) / Time (min: sec)

WOD:  


ROW:  600 / 500 / 400 / 300 / 200 /100 meter @ 110% (Rowing Sprints)


My Thoughts:
Saw a posting early in the morning from the 6 am class.  Thought about this WOD all day and decided to come in and do it after the last class.   Last class of the day is at 5 PM; no way I can make it to the gym before that time.  Factoring in Rush Hour, Chaos at work; not a good day to run away early.

Asked one of my friend, Jas to come and do the WOD.    Both him and I worked on some lifting prior to tackling this WOD.  I did my standard, 5 x 5 Back Squats (5 rounds @ 5 reps building up to my top set at the heaviest).  It's not on the board, just something to do since I missed the powerlifting side of things.   Every day is leg day.. ;^)

WOD Results:  Name/600/500/400/300/200/100m [minutes: seconds]
WOD;
I thought this WOD would be easy since I love rowing.  It's probably one of my strong points.  However, when you and your partner are almost equal for speed; there is very little time to rest.
It was a close one with only a few seconds separating us. 
My time for this WOD:  7 minutes and 31 seconds.   Total distance is 2100 meters. 
If anything, this WOD certain made me a bit more humble.


Remember to stay consistent in your training and tackle one WOD at a time!!

Comments

Popular Posts