Crossfit Armoury - Week 12: Maintenance and Mobility


Maintenance; yes, that's the new word for physio....    I've slightly aggravated certain parts of my aging body.   The issue with the knee and shoulder was from the Festivus Games competition and this week worth of WODS.    


Festivus Games - Saturday; April 16, 2016
4 WODS; athlete check-in at 7 AM.  An all day competition.
Hosted at Little Sweat Shop in Sherwood Park, Alberta


Again, my body is reminding me that I'm not a young guy and that I should had take a few more days off.

I'm always happy to have Optimize Physiotherapy next door as I can see them on a fairly short notice.  However, my goal in the future is to minimize the injuries to myself.   Sadly, recovery takes a bit longer now than it use to.


IFC machine... 

All wired up....



It's getting better...

Good news is that there is no need for the ice pack on top of my knee, while the IFC is running.   A few more exercises to work on strengthen my knee and voodoo flossing three times a day will help with everything.



Mobility class:  Saturday; April 23, 2016


After having physio work on me yesterday; I opted to take advantage of the mobility class which was focusing on Shoulder and stability.    It was a great class to attend after this week's WOD work.   Today's class was taught by Aaron Norris, another physiotherapist at Optimize Physiotherapy and Sports Injury clinic.   He's also a Level 1 Crossfit Coach so he's familiar with the workouts.

The diagram below was taken by Shannon H; as I had forgotten my phone.  Sorry for the bad angle as she was trying to avoid being caught with the next scheduled crossfit class.                                           

Saturday; April 23, 2016 @ Crossfit Armoury
Mobility Class - <photo credit:  Shannon H.>

Comments

Popular Posts