CF Armoury: Competitor Program Open Forum - December 12, 2015

The mystery man behind all the great
programming,
Coach Aiden Poole
Competition WOD @ Crossfit Armoury



SATURDAY; December 12, 2015 -  Competitor Program @ Crossfit Armoury


The premise of this group is:

for CrossFit Competitors in Edmonton who have, are, and will continue to attend weekly meetings to discuss CrossFit Competition Preparation. Weekly group meetings will consist of 30 mins of discussion about competition preparation, and a high intensity, competition based training session.


Well, after just completing 7 rounds on the Assault Air Bikes for Total Calories, I'm totally bagged.  And yes, that was my 6th day in a row of Crossfit.   Time for a rest day. 

I came to the discussion today at Noon for the Competitor Program.  We were introduced to a new Dietitian, Jenna  who just started with Optimize Physiotherapy and Sports Injury.

Above is the wonderful Competition WOD that those who came for a competitive like workout.   It was explained, that it will be a first come, first serve for the Rower, instead of the Air Bike.  But clarified that the only people who will be using the Rower, is those who have injuries.   

I opted to skip the Competitive WOD as I just finished my class prior and was still recovering.  That and this was my 6th day of Crossfit (yes, this is new for me as I've never done so many crossfit classes in a row; and there would be a high probability that I would end up overworking something and then be on the injury list.).

So, the competitive WOD is:

50 - 40 - 30 - 20 - 10
 - Air Bikes
 - Air Squats
 - Burpees to Overhead Target
 - Air Squats

You had to complete all 50 reps of each movements before moving to next rep count of 40.  This is repeated until everything is completed.

I feel bad for missing this WOD; but part of me feel safer to skip and rest up.   I'll find out on Monday how everyone did, which I assume there will be a lot of hurting people.

Comments

Popular Posts