Day 292: CF Armoury: 3 RM OHS; WOD: 20 min EMOM - Wallballs, T2B, Shoulder Press


WEDNESDAY; December 9, 2015 @ Crossfit Armoury
:0-10
Warm-Up:

7 Behind the neck shoulder press
7 Sotts Press
7 Bottom to Bottom Overhead Squats

:10-25
STRENGTH:

Work up to 3 RM Overhead Squats
5 Second pause at the Bottom of every rep
:30-35
WOD Warm-Up:  

10 Wall Balls Unbroken
15 Beat Swings, 5 Toes-to-Bar (or progressions)
Load Shoulder Press Weight

:35-55
WOD:  

 20 Minute EMOM 

Minute 1:  5 Wall Balls + 5 Toes to Bar
Minute 2:  5 Shoulder Press (M: 75 lb / W: 55 lb) + 5 Toes to Bar


Today's Coach:  Jason

My Thoughts:
With the big Christmas party for Crossfit Armoury tonight, not sure how many people will be making it to the later classes.  Glad I goto the 7 am class, just to I can get it out of my system.  Although, this week of classes is completely screwed up with my work schedule.  Curses of working in IT; performing scheduled system maintenance at un-godly hours.   Tuesday and Thursday requires my on-site attendance at work at 4 AM.  The good thing, is that I'm done work at 11 AM, thus I can make it to my Noon class.  But it really screws up my sleeping schedule.  So, let's see how that schedule will impact this weeks workouts.

Warm-Up;
Started and stayed with a wooden dowel for the warm-up.  I'm not sure what it is, but that movement behind the neck is always weak.  I may have to switch to something heavier than a dowel.   Perhaps a wooden dowel with a 5 lb plate on it.   All 3 movements were performed 7 times.

STRENGTH;
Switched over to an empty barbell and worked up to my 3 RM for Overhead Squats with weights.  115 lb was the weight that I was able to hit, this including the 5 second pause at the bottom.  It was advised to ensure you breath (short intakes) at the bottom of the squat, otherwise when you stand up; you may feel dizzy or want to pass out.  Words of wisdom taken to hear.  

WOD Warm-up;
Grabbed a wall ball that I could do unbroken, for 10.  That just happen to be 20 lb.  Beat swings, something I need to work on; especially enabling my shoulders when doing them. The Toes-to-Bar, was scaled to Elbow to Knee.   The class loaded their barbell to the weight to be used for the Shoulder Press.  I used 75 lb, as it was mention that Shoulder Press can be any of the 3 movements (Strict Press, Push Press, or Push Jerk)

WOD;
A time cap of 20 minutes (essentially 10 minutes); each minute includes either Wall Balls or Shoulder Press, and 5 Toes-to-Bar.
Yes, all this was do-able; but the toes-to-bar (knee to elbow) would evenutally catch up to you as it stresses/tires out the forearms.   The amount of time left for rest after each movement would get less as it was taking longer after each round.  By the 9th minute; I had just barely enough time to switch station.   But it all got done, the WOD.    

Misc:


Extra creditalso known as extra programming for the likes.   In case you find that the WOD was not enough, or you are looking on increasing your skills, strength for an upcoming competition.  This little nugget is the thing for you!   Coaches are on-site and can be asked for assistance if there is a movement you don't understand.  They will also provide some guidance if you are doing it wrong.
Usually, the extra credit is performed after the class.   And more than likely, there will be others from the class who will want to do it.   This is definitely another way to get to know the other members at your box.

Reverse Bear Crawl
 500 ft for time

Remember to stay consistent in your training and tackle one WOD at a time!!

Comments

Popular Posts