Crossfit Armoury - June 19, 2018: Squat Cleans, Jerk; WOD: HS Walk, Air Squats, T2B + BMU, Push Jerk, Alt KB Squat Snatch


Tuesday; June 19, 2018 @ Crossfit Armoury - West
Yeah, that's me Jumping in front of the camera and being silly!  :)



Crossfit Coach:  Stacey Head

Thoughts:
This is a dozer of a WOD.  But what was as challenging was the Strength part, with the temperature all this week.  Did the class at 7 PM and thought that it would help with it slightly cooler.

Warm-up:
Started the warm up with just a wooden dowel.  Went thru each of the movement for 5 reps each.  Second set was with the empty barbell, performing each of the movement as prescribed rep scheme (5).

Strength:
Loaded the barbell with some weight, kept the initial few sets at 75 lb and slowly increased it as I got to the higher sets.  Ended the last set at 135 lb.  Surprising how hard it became at the higher weight, but I mostly account that to the higher heat (27 C).   

WOD Warm-up:
Coach demoed each of the movement and explained what we could do for scaling if we weren't doing Rx.  I went with a lighter weight for the KB as I know that it will eventually catch up to me.  And I can definitely say that my KB Squat Snatches are not the best at higher weight. I would rather get my technique down, then trying for higher weights and injuring myself.   I was torn on using my Lifters or switching to my crossfit shoes.  In the end, after practicing a few Alternating KB Squat snatches; lifters were the choice.

WOD:
Every minute on the minute for 25 minutes; seems like a long time, but it goes by quickly (when you can finish some of movement leaving more than 30 seconds of rest).  I did the Sweat/Tech section, as I don't have Handstand Walks, T2B + 1 Bar Muscle Up.   Trust me, this was a good sweaty WOD.

Misc:
Reducing my workouts this week as I'm taking next week off for much needed break.  This includes reducing my olympic weightlifting as well.  Will resume my training and start to increase intensity again in July.  Follow me on Instagram if you want to know what I'm up to.   www.instagram.com/rockyquon


Extra creditalso known as extra programming for the likes.   In case you find that the WOD was not enough, or you are looking on increasing your skills, strength for an upcoming competition.  This little nugget is the thing for you!   Coaches are on-site and can be asked for assistance if there is a movement you don't understand.  They will also provide some guidance if you are doing it wrong.

Usually, the extra credit is performed after the class.   And more than likely, there will be others from the class who will want to do it.   This is definitely another way to get to know the other members at your box.

[Sweat/Tech]
   3 set of 6 per leg (12) Candlesticks
[Rx]
  4 Sets of 12 Weight Pistols

Mobility; added by request by members of Crossfit Armoury

Ankle Mobility:  Angle Pulses - 3 second Pause Leaning Forward - 20 per side


Remember to stay consistent in your training and tackle one WOD at a time!!

Hashtags for the day:  #rebuild #focus #bebetterthanyesterday

Comments

Popular Posts