Crossfit Armoury - June 21, 2018: Gymnastics


Thursday; June 21, 2018 @ Crossfit Armoury - West


Gymnastic Coach:  Kyle Samson

Thoughts:

Working on my weakness, GYMNASTIC movements.

My last gymnastic class with Coach Kyle.  Next week, the 28th will be the last Speciality class - Gymnastics.  Unfortunately, I'll be away next week on vacation.  So, I won't have anymore class time.  Hopefully, I'll be able to catch him now and then when he's training and ask him the questions needed for my movements.  He's already said we could ask him.  However, I always try to respect people time at the box.  Trying hard not to interrupt when they are training.  Time is precious for all of us!


Warm-up:
Coach Kyle had us grab a wooden dowel and a 2.5 lb plate.   We did some over the shoulder pass-thru.  We did some windmill rotation with the metal plate forward and the backwards  Did the same on the opposite arm.

Next, we setup the handstand walls against the rig and the class did kick to Handstand practice.  The class spent about 10 minutes on this.


Drills:
4 Rounds for QUALITY
Kipping Pull-up/ Chest to Bar [3 - 10 reps]
 - REST 10 second -
Strict Handstand Push-Up [2 - 3 reps]
 - REST 10 second -
L-Hold on Paralletes [20+ seconds]
 - REST 1 Minute -


16 Minute EMOM 
Minute 1:   Strict Pull-up [2-9 reps]
Minute 2:   Kipping Handstand Push-up [3-5 reps]
Minute 3:   Toes to Bar [5 - 10 reps]
Minute 4:   Head Stand Hold [30 - 60 seconds]


Misc:
One of the things that I've been working on is Handstand Push-ups against the wall.  We had worked on Deficit Handstand Push-ups the week before, and I did managed to get someone to tape today's attempt.  Thanks Lauren!!  
It's on my Instagram account:

  https://www.instagram.com/p/BkVOkfSj3Hw/?taken-by=rockyquon

It's progress, and I'll continue working on this for the next little while; until I can get to the point where my head will touch the floor.  For now, it's still 3 AbMat high.   I did get a video of coach Kyle demoing what I should do for the deficit handstand push-up.  Positioning, where I should focus my eye, and head position.  All of which I will for the next few weeks alone.

With that said, moving forward with Gymnastic movements will be challenging without a coach. I have heard that they plan to do some gymnastic seminars at an extra cost.  It will be interesting to see what and how that plays out.  I guess when your use to it being part of the membership, and now they are taking it out.  But also reducing the overall cost to make it more affordable to the masses (Crossfit).   Again, a lot of wait and see how things will go starting July 1st.

Check back in the future, as I'm sure there will be interesting things happening.

Comments

Popular Posts